Re: What do you expect from the DPL?

Just few random notes...

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015, at 04:08, Paul Wise wrote:
> > - Mediation regarding social and technical problems
>
> The former seems like the responsibility of Debian as a whole and the
> latter is the responsibility of the CTTE.

I have several occasions in my mind when I would be happy if someone has
stepped in and helped with mediation. For my own sake, and for the
problem sake.

I view CTTE as a heavy hitter and DPL could use more soft approach
before the parties approach CTTE.

Also sometimes there is a feud between developer and delegate. This is
also area where DPL could step in and help with the outcome.

I can provide specific examples off-list.

> > - Be aware of everything that goes on with Debian. E.g. I have the feeling some
> > people expect the DPL to read all the Debian mailing lists.
>
> That is simply not feasible, even though the amount of discussion that
> goes on in Debian feels like it is going down over time.

Just the sole idea of reading all the mailing lists gives me shivers.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server