Re: What do you expect from the DPL?

On Feb 16 2015, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> I haven't seen any followup from the tech ctte on some of the disucssion from
>> Dec about improving the way the ctte approaches requests, cf
>>
>>  https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/12/msg00050.html
>>  https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/12/msg00069.html
>>  https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/12/msg00075.html
>>
>> Improvements there might help with the DPL's workload, in so far as that
>> involves dealing with arguments over technical things.
>
> I have a very different view of the TC to Anthony (and to those otehrs
> who have suggested that the TC should be less quick to decide, or less
> definite).
>
> My view is probably best summarised here:
>
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2014/12/msg00098.html
>
> And exemplified by my very trenchant comments (un-rebutted!) here:
>
>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=766708#305

I'm a little confused by this:

| IMO the committee has utterly failed to discharge its responsibility
| here.  If I had still been on the committee I would have pushed for a
| swift vote to overrule.

This bug was filed on Oct 25. The init system GR voting ended on Nov
18th, and I think you resigned a few days later. It seems to me there
was at least some time available to push for a vote...

On the other hand, I can't help but see an eery similary to #741573,
where one maintainers actions are also blocking other people's hard
work. In that bug, however, you seemto the main force
preventing a swift vote.

Best,
-Nikolaus