Re: Debian calendar, events and more

On 06/02/15 09:40, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>
>> There are probably a few ways to go about this without a formally
>> constituted events team:
> All good ideas, probably a combination of them is required.
>
>> b) we could ask DSA to host a CalDAV server such as DAViCal[1].  Each
> Just an FYI, DSA generally run physical/virtual machines but not
> services; that is up to service maintainers.

Well, even that takes some effort for DSA to get the machine up and
running, help the service maintainer get hooked up with user
authentication, etc.  So I don't raise an idea like this without
contemplating there is some impact for DSA.

>> to develop some adapter to merge it into the UDD iCalendar feed.
> Seems like events data is completely orthogonal to the UDD iCalendar
> feed, which I understand to be about tasks not events.

Both can be provided in the same feed.  While it is not hard for people
to access multiple feeds one by one, having some Debian uber-feed on a
single personalized URL may go further to maximize participation.

>> My own feeling is that we just find a quick way to let people submit
> We already have the wiki for that.

What I meant was a quick way to let people submit data in a format
suitable for iCalendar, even if it is just option (a), creating a VCS in
collab-maint and letting people add their own local feed URLs to a text file