Re: Debian calendar, events and more

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 3:06 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Has anybody else ever looked at this concept or know of any existing
> work in this area other than the events wiki?

When the Debian events team existed and was maintaining
www.d.o/events, I filed #645720 requesting an iCal feed for
www.d.o/events. The team no longer exists and www.d.o/events is dead.
I think we need a proper Debian calendar service with a team behind
it, as I have mentioned on the services wishlist. As the events team
discovered, it is far too much work to manually gather events people
publish in various random places and publish them so it should be
something anyone can push events to (via web form, iCalendar feed or
other method) and should automatically push certain classes of events
to external calendars like LWN.

https://wiki.debian.org/Services#wishlist
https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/events/submit-event-to-lwn?view=markup

--