Re: Prospective Trusted Organization - Debian.ch

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Lucas Nussbaum <leader@debian.org> wrote:
> Are you open to improving your processes regarding this? For example,
> have you considered using a ticket system such as RT (maybe Debian's) to
> follow payment requests?

So far we didn't process a lot of reimbursements and are not really good at it.
Our typical expenses were paid by invoice or by debit card which is simpler.
Yes, for reimbursements we could use the Debian RT.

> Also, have you considered switching to an organization where two people
> act as treasurer / backup-treasurer, and are able to process requests
> when needed?  I had the impression that this was not the case, despite
> what you wrote about the president having access to the accounts, and
> that this was a factor in the OPW payments situation.

Yes, we do have 2 persons with full access to the account: treasurer +
president of the association.
The main problem with OPW was that we planned to simply forward the
amount collected on our PayPal account, but I accidentally reported
the total amount including PayPal fees which needed another transfer
from our bank account to cover the fees.
Sorry for that.

Philipp