Re: Prospective Trusted Organization - Debian.ch

Hi,

On 05/10/14 at 15:52 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> == The organization should be reliable, sustainable, and reactive ==
>
> As for reliability and sustainability, debian.ch has been running since
> at least 2008 without interruption, with annual general meetings (AGMs)
> and other in-person meetings.
>
> Between 2011 and 2013, [[http://debconf13.debconf.org|DebConf13.ch]] in
> Vaumarcus, was launched and conducted successfully by several debian.ch
> members. This involvement has hurt these members' reactiveness post-
> DebConf13 (which is visible through the time it took to fill this
> procedure); this is getting better these days.

So, I must say that my experience of payments handled by debian.ch
hasn't really been stellar: on at least one occasion, it has been
necessary to send several reminders until the payments were finally
made.

Are you open to improving your processes regarding this? For example,
have you considered using a ticket system such as RT (maybe Debian's) to
follow payment requests?

Also, have you considered switching to an organization where two people
act as treasurer / backup-treasurer, and are able to process requests
when needed?  I had the impression that this was not the case, despite
what you wrote about the president having access to the accounts, and
that this was a factor in the OPW payments situation.

Thanks,

Lucas