Re: GR proposal: code of conduct

[Jonathan Dowland]
> I think the increasing importance of IRC for people to keep up to
> date on developments in Debian is a bad thing as it excludes people
> who cannot use IRC regularly enough (such as myself).

Increasing importance?  What has changed?  I don't have the impression
that IRC is any more central in Debian development than it was 10 years
ago.

People said the same of the Debian Planet blog aggregator a few years
ago - that if you couldn't find the time and inclination to read
everyone's blogs, you'd miss a lot of Debian development.  I don't
think that turned out to be true either.

I think most people still understand "lists.debian.org or it didn't
happen".