Re: GR proposal: code of conduct

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 06:28:39PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Personally I think it would bring some much needed transparency to
> what is becoming one of the more essential Debian communication
> channels to be on. Just like we archive mailing lists and record
> DebConf talks/BoFs, we should publicly log IRC channels.

I think the increasing importance of IRC for people to keep up to date
on developments in Debian is a bad thing as it excludes people who
cannot use IRC regularly enough (such as myself). The sheer volume of
unedited logs will be too much for anyone to realistically digest. Doing
so would just support the idea if IRC as being essential and further
marginalise people who don't use it.