Re: GR proposal: code of conduct

Hi,

Lars Wirzenius:
> I would prefer a culture where IRC discussions are ephemeral, and any
> useful information should end up in debian/changelog, mailing lists,
> git commit messages, wiki.debian.org, or any of the other places where
> we already put information.

I agree.

The second problem I have with IRC logs is that Google is likely to show
them if you search for the solution to some problem, partticularly if that
problem is asked about often.
However, I suspect that most users would extracting a solution from IRC
logs, assuming it is buried in there at all, to be very tedious.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs