Re: GR proposal: code of conduct

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Is it really the case that making the logs available as public text
> files produces too much search engine exposure etc. (which is I guess
> the real concern) ?

Several of our derivatives (at least Maemo, Ubuntu) have public logs
of their IRC channels.

Personally I think it would bring some much needed transparency to
what is becoming one of the more essential Debian communication
channels to be on. Just like we archive mailing lists and record
DebConf talks/BoFs, we should publicly log IRC channels.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise