Re: TC voting and governance process

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> OTOH, if the ctte is still stuck in a procedural morass after the full
> 3-4 weeks it takes to pass a GR, it could be a lifeline that lets it
> decide on a better decision making procedure. Even if that ends up being
> "we decide by consensus and we have none re systemd".

So, well, the only thing that I do feel obligated to say about this is:

    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2013-01/026.html

I have had people subsequently point out to me that this post is not being
entirely fair to Wikipedia, and I apologize for that part, but I stand by
the general principles that I posted there.  (And observe that the group
size is not magic that leads to consensus *always* working.  We failed at
consensus in a group of eight.)

Sometimes it really is better to have a decision you don't agree with than
no decision.