Re: TC voting and governance process (was: systemd bad press? score card?)

Russ Allbery wrote:
> At the moment, I find the idea of other people discussing these issues and
> any others that have arisen and coming up with a good plan of action while
> I sit back and watch horribly appealing for some reason.  :)  I'm not sure
> if now is the best time, or if we should wait until we've gotten to some
> steady-state position on the init system debate and then start the
> procedural discussions.  I'll leave that to other people's discretion.

I wouldn't want to do it now if it required the ctte change its process
mid-stream, or if it somehow distracted the ctte from coming to a
resolution.

OTOH, if the ctte is still stuck in a procedural morass after the full
3-4 weeks it takes to pass a GR, it could be a lifeline that
lets it decide on a better decision making procedure. Even if that ends
up being "we decide by consensus and we have none re systemd".

That's as far as I've gotten in thinking about this.

--
see shy jo