Re: mailing list auto subscriptions

Jakub Wilk dijo [Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 10:52:35PM +0100]:
> * Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>, 2014-02-05, 22:31:
> >I believe every new DD or DM should be auto subscribed to -devel,
> >-project and -devel-announce (and -private for DDs),
>
> Eww, no, thanks.
>
> >Those 3-4 lists should be read by anyone (as in DD/DM) anyway.
>
> Not if you want to retain your sanity.

I expect your sanity to be long gone by the time you apply to be a
DM/DD.

No, really: I am mostly a lurker in those lists, as well as in most
other lists I subscribe to. But I try to at least keep pace and lurk
them fine. After all, we are supposed to have a feel of the pulse of
the project. And even if most of the discussions there are not of
real, direct use to some of us... Being part of it *is* important. And
it allows us to chime in where our area of expertise/interest is
touched.