Re: GR: Selecting the default init system for Debian

Hi Guillem,

I think you are missing the following options and have only listed options
which you consider sensible or which you loath:

h.) support them all equally: systemd, upstart, sysv and openrc and keep sysv
as the default
i.) support them all equally: systemd, upstart, sysv and openrc and make $foo1
the default
j) support them all equally: systemd, upstart, sysv and openrc and make $foo2
the default
k.) support them all equally: systemd, upstart, sysv and openrc and make $foo3
the default
l.) accept the TC decision, whatever that will be
m.) wait for the TC decision and then revote on this GR
n.) wait for the TC decision and then start a new GR on this topic
o.) my brain hurts, this is difficult, let's go shopping!
p.) further discussion

And, frankly, I'm disappointed by your *lousy* research on the topic (see both
Tollefs and Steves reply), while at the same time I think you have given an
*excellent* (bad) example, why voting is or can be bad: uninformed people vote
on matters they dont fully understand.

Given your lousy research I do assume you havent read the tech-ctte bug in
question. If you had, I'm don't think you would think the same about the
topic. (But then, most peoples minds aren't or cannot be changed by new
information.)
I do think this bug contains among of the best research of this topic. If you
as a GR proposer cannot be bothered to inform yourself in the best possible
way about it, I fear for a rather totally uninformed decision of other voters.

cheers,
	Holger, who has come to the conclusion that this init system discussion is
		way more a bikeshed than what I would have assumed half a year ago.
		Indeed 99% of our users don't care and the majority of those who do
		care want their bikeshed their way or the highway...