Re: GR: Selecting the default init system for Debian

Hi Holger,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 04:53:12PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> o.) my brain hurts, this is difficult, let's go shopping!
> p.) further discussion

p.) is rather "I'd prefer fixing some bugs over voting"
and further discussion is q.)

> *excellent* (bad) example, why voting is or can be bad: uninformed people vote
> on matters they dont fully understand.

+1

> 	Holger, who has come to the conclusion that this init system discussion is
> 		way more a bikeshed than what I would have assumed half a year ago.
> 		Indeed 99% of our users don't care and the majority of those who do
> 		care want their bikeshed their way or the highway...

While I agree in principle with all what you said before I think here is
some distinction to bikesheding since the color of the bikeshed does
not matter but the init system matters despite this attempt to put the
decision on uninformed people (like me).

But what I really wanted to say: Thanks for the nice MiniDebConf in
Paris - it was a pleasure to be here.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--