Re: Debian real-time communication (RTC) project - SIP

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 09:11:51AM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> The Debian Project now has a SIP service available to all Debian
> Developers.  Your Debian.org email identity becomes your SIP address.

Thanks Daniel, and thanks DSA, I'm very happy about this new service.

Project-wide SIP is good for development reasons (voice talking could be
way more efficient than emails at times), that it is good for social
reasons (it could help in smoothing conflicts), and that it is good for
political reasons (it promotes federated ways of communicating).

I'm particularly proud that the Debian Project is trying hard to set an
example in the latter area.  For that reason I'm Cc:-ing the maintainers
of the "Do they federate?" page [1] to ask for an update of Debian's SIP
column there. To their benefit, the full context of this mail of mine is
at [2]. A good link for the "SIP" anchor on the page is probably [3].

Cheers.

[1]: http://freeyourspeech.org/do-they-federate/
[2]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/01/msg00004.html
[3]: https://wiki.debian.org/UnifiedCommunications/DebianDevelopers/UserGuide