Re: Please update the DSA delegation

Hi,

On 04/01/14 at 14:04 +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> * Martin Zobel-Helas (zobel@debian.org) [131202 22:11]:
> > Hi Lucas,
> >
> > I am pleased to announce that DSA has promoted Héctor Orón Martínez to a
> > full member of the team.
> >
> > Please update the delegation for the Debian System Administrators
> > accordingly.
>
> Did I miss the conclusion on this? Is Héctor Orón Martínez now part of
> the delegated DSA team? Or do you have reasons to not make him a
> normal DSA member? Or do you think that the delegation is auto-updated?

See https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/12/msg00049.html

Yes, I'm late with that. So, I've just updated the delegation to include
Hector, without trying to improve the task description. Expect another
mail from me later this week-end about the issues mentioned in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/12/msg00033.html

> (Actually I think we should have our delegations so that if the
> current delegates add someone new, inform the DPL and -project and
> don't receive a veto within 6 weeks, the new person is automatically
> delegated as well - but I don't think our constitution nor the current
> delegations are explicitly allowing that, and so I would prefer an
> official update.)

I disagree with that, as stated in e.g.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/12/msg00032.html and
https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2013/12/msg00036.html . But that
does not mean that you should not try to change the constitution to add
this process.

Lucas