Re: Google contacting (harassing?) new DDs

Enrico Zini writes ("Re: Google contacting (harassing?) new DDs"):
> I'm not much interested in stopping spam, but in just making it better
> for everyone involved. People may not want to be contacted now, but at
> the same time may not want to train their spamfilter to delete job
> offers.
>
> On the recruiter's side, they would only get offers from people actually
> motivated to take up a job with them.
>
> On our side, we hopefully lighten the burden somewhat[1], and we get to
> know that the people not playing by the book are probably also not
> playing by a whole lot of other books, which may be another source of
> interesting information regarding a potential employer.

Also, having a clearly documented procedure like this would make it
much easier to get troublesome behaviour escalated.  Because
(a) rather than being one complaint from an individual it would be
reporting a systematic problem affecting more people and
(b) complaints would have Debian's weight behind them.

Having said that I have no problem ignoring such things.  The total
number of emails is low enough that just deleting them works for me.
(But maybe I'm not popular enough with the recuiters...)

Ian.