Re: Please update the DSA delegation

Hi,

On Wed Dec 04, 2013 at 17:45:22 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> 3) I was a bit surprised to see Martin's announcement that Hector
> was now a member of DSA, and his request to update the DSA delegation.

I don't understand that. Hector has been doing a good amount of work as
part of the DSA team. After he has been a trainee for half a year, I
spoke with the other members (yes, that was done privatly, i need to
admit) if they also think that he should become a full member. I waited
until I heared back from all other members.

> The usual process is that the appointement of delegates is usually
> discussed between the DPL and the team. Of course, for well-functioning
> teams that propose a new delegate who already went through a training
> process, that discussion is rather likely to be short. But that's not a
> valid reason to suppress it completely and make it sound like a
> public demand that the DPL does the required paperwork (I'm sure that
> it was not Martin's intent, but it's still worth clarifying, I think).

My intent was to be as open as possible in the decission we have taken.
As Joerg wrote, I think uncontroversial changes to functional teams have
never been a problem for an update of a DPL delegation.

Is the DSA team a non-functional team?

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster