Re: Code of Conduct: picking up

On Do, 28 Nov 2013, Brian Gupta wrote:
> but I'll leave you with a quote from one of my favorite authors, which
> may help put things in perspective.:
[...]
>     Which made me oddly happy. I started imagining a world in which we
>     replaced the phrase “politically correct” wherever we could with “treating
>     other people with respect”, and it made me smile.
[...]

I just tell a story

  A friend told me once a story why he prefers Austrians over ******
  (actual nationality deleted): Because ******* always speak nicely,
  we like our neibours, immigrants are good for us, we welcome them,
  etc etc. And then they burn their houses, bomb their meeting rooms.
  Austrians are famous for hating all the foreigners, they are stealing
  our jobs, they are putting the trash into the wrong boxes, they are
  noisy. But hey, my neighbour, he is not like that, he is such a nice
  guy and we hang out together all the time and often have long chats.

I prefer to be on the side of those who speak maybe sometimes badly,
but act properly.

Those defending the attitude of political correctness are those
who are speaking nicely, but when it comes down to the person,
things change rapidly (compare the emails directed at me!)

I hope at least a few here understand the above.

Norbert