Re: Code of Conduct: picking up

Norbert Preining writes ("Re: Code of Conduct: picking up"):
> And exactely this is what I meant: Based on the Code of Conduct
> I immediately got threatening emails by cc-ing the listmaster
> to create the atmosphere of warning, and this was sent by a
> prominent member of Debian.

I think Norbert is referring to me here.  I think it is necessary to
clarify, so please find below the email that I sent.  If anyone else
feels my reaction was inappropriate please let me know by private
email.

In general I don't think us responding at length to messages such as
<[🔎] 20131126140714.GF5429@gamma.logic.tuwien.ac.at> in public is
particularly productive, although I appreciate that Wouter is trying
to draw out some constructive suggestion from it - and Wouter as the
CoC draft coordinator has a greater responsibility to do that, so I
don't criticise him for that.

We should recognise that it is inevitable that efforts to improve the
atmosphere in our communication fora will encounter pushback from the
very people who are most troublesome.  When that happens, there is no
need for us all to reply to explain how we disagree, and there is not
much point doing so.  Enough people seem to have made the community's
overall feeling known, and we can stop now.

Inevitably, the CoC will be voted on in a GR.  The right time to
continue this dogpile is in the vote.

Ian.