Re: Recruitment of young contributors (Re: Young people and computers)

On 2013-02-09 21:46, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
 How much of what? Your question may be interesting, but I don't know
what discussion you're referring to

Yes, it wasn't somewhere publicly archived -- that's why I thought it interesting to provide a summary.

and the only data above simply
shows the age of members. The graph is nice, but it doesn't show the
age of members at the time they are recruited, and even less how that
age changes with time. If we actually have such data, I'm sure I
wouldn't be the only one to appreciate.

I agree that it would be more interesting to see a graph of the average age of new DDs over time. It ought to be possible to get an approximation of that by merging birthday data from db.debian.org with joining date data from nm.debian.org, though both of those data sets are incomplete.

Without the numbers, my impression, shared with others, is that the age of new DDs has increased somewhat, as well as the average age of DDs increasing just from DDs getting older (but not quickly retiring from Debian).

--
Moray