Re: Paths into Debian

On 24/09/13 14:09, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:

On Sep 24, 2013 8:03 AM, "Stefano Zacchiroli" <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 07:51:53AM -0400, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> > Its not just you - while I appreciate using a word other than bitesized or
> > low-hanging-fruit, I tend to get the same slightly off putting feeling
> > about "gift"
> >
> > Not to bikeshead.
>
> So, folks, what do you propose instead? :)
>
> If the chosen terminology send the "wrong" message, and hence it's
> potentially a blocker, let's change it (but better do it only *once*,
> hence the need of getting it "right" this time).

I don't want to give the wrong impression - I'll still use the chosen tag, but if I'm to play the Umarell, I'd be most likely to use "bitesize"

Seriously, I don't want to get between work getting done, though.

However people feel about "gift", there is also the jargon factor.  For newcomers, jargon is a barrier and potential time waster

Can we use a word that is neutral and obvious?

Maybe "trivial-to-fix" or something like that?