Re: Debian companies group

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 11:12:12AM +0200, Paul Wise wrote:
> > I didn't really understand your proposal, it was missing the "What?"
> > section. What do you intend to change apart from the description of
> > the debian-companies list?
>
> It is not just the description but the subscription policy that is changed. But
> my goal is to get some feedback about the idea in general as it hasn't got much
> traction so far. If there is no interest from companies we can simply close the
> list. But if there is we should start talking.

I fear that a single post on debian-project is unlikely to reach
the aforementionned companies. You should see with the Debian Press team
if you can send out a news on debian-news@ and maybe relay the information
in other places too (blogs, journalists, etc.).

Or maybe you can ask the Debconf sponsorship team which probably has a few
contacts with companies that would fit.

That said I have never been a big fan of the restrictive policy on that
list. I'm ok for it to not be public. But I don't understand why
interested DD aren't allowed to subscribe to it. I also don't understand
what the minimum size requirement brings.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/