Re: Code of Conduct 2nd draft

Hi folks,

On 05-06-13 03:47, Chris Knadle wrote:
[...almost a month ago...]
> On Friday, May 24, 2013 10:02:24, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> On 24-05-13 14:57, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
>> To do all this, I've been considering splitting it all up into several
>> pieces:
>> - One bit which would be the actual "code of conduct" and which would be
>>   as independent as possible of the medium used. This would only be
>>   about "conduct", not about form.
> I'm taking the time to read through the various Code of Conduct materials that
> Stefano pointed to, and I think there was also previous efforts to bring a
> more global CoC to Debian before which I'd like to find and read if such
> exists.  [At the moment I just have a vague memory of seeing something along
> these lines.]
> I think what I'd like to do is come up with a CoC draft using these documents
> as well, in order to add something substantive to the discussion.
>> Doing that will take some time, though, so it will probably take a few
>> days for me to come up with that.
> This is likewise taking me time to do.

I've since come to the conclusion that this will take me more continuous
Debian time than I have for the moment.

I'm therefore planning to do this during debcamp, and think it would
make sense to hold a BoF session (or similar) to come up with some proposal.

Obviously that'll only be a draft proposal until it's been passed on to
this mailinglist, but I think this will be a more productive way to
continue this than to be waiting for godot here.

This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/