Re: Code of Conduct 2nd draft

Hi folks,

On 05-06-13 03:47, Chris Knadle wrote:
[...almost a month ago...]
> On Friday, May 24, 2013 10:02:24, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> On 24-05-13 14:57, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
>> To do all this, I've been considering splitting it all up into several
>> pieces:
>> - One bit which would be the actual "code of conduct" and which would be
>>   as independent as possible of the medium used. This would only be
>>   about "conduct", not about form.
>
> I'm taking the time to read through the various Code of Conduct materials that
> Stefano pointed to, and I think there was also previous efforts to bring a
> more global CoC to Debian before which I'd like to find and read if such
> exists.  [At the moment I just have a vague memory of seeing something along
> these lines.]
>
> I think what I'd like to do is come up with a CoC draft using these documents
> as well, in order to add something substantive to the discussion.
>
>> Doing that will take some time, though, so it will probably take a few
>> days for me to come up with that.
>
> This is likewise taking me time to do.

I've since come to the conclusion that this will take me more continuous
Debian time than I have for the moment.

I'm therefore planning to do this during debcamp, and think it would
make sense to hold a BoF session (or similar) to come up with some proposal.

Obviously that'll only be a draft proposal until it's been passed on to
this mailinglist, but I think this will be a more productive way to
continue this than to be waiting for godot here.

Thoughts?

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/