Re: Code of Conduct 2nd draft

On Wednesday, July 03, 2013 06:09:11, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> On 05-06-13 03:47, Chris Knadle wrote:
> [...almost a month ago...]
>
> > On Friday, May 24, 2013 10:02:24, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> >> On 24-05-13 14:57, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> >> To do all this, I've been considering splitting it all up into several
> >> pieces:
> >> - One bit which would be the actual "code of conduct" and which would be
> >>
> >>   as independent as possible of the medium used. This would only be
> >>   about "conduct", not about form.
> >
> > I'm taking the time to read through the various Code of Conduct materials
> > that Stefano pointed to, and I think there was also previous efforts to
> > bring a more global CoC to Debian before which I'd like to find and read
> > if such exists.  [At the moment I just have a vague memory of seeing
> > something along these lines.]
> >
> > I think what I'd like to do is come up with a CoC draft using these
> > documents as well, in order to add something substantive to the
> > discussion.
> >
> >> Doing that will take some time, though, so it will probably take a few
> >> days for me to come up with that.
> >
> > This is likewise taking me time to do.
>
> I've since come to the conclusion that this will take me more continuous
> Debian time than I have for the moment.
>
> I'm therefore planning to do this during debcamp, and think it would
> make sense to hold a BoF session (or similar) to come up with some
> proposal.

This sounds like a good idea, as it will invite more participation.

> Obviously that'll only be a draft proposal until it's been passed on to
> this mailinglist, but I think this will be a more productive way to
> continue this than to be waiting for godot here.
>
> Thoughts?

Since you'll be doing this at Debconf, it's probably best if I send you
material and discuss this with you directly.  I won't be at DebConf13 but I'll
try to do what I can to keep up to speed with the effort during DebCamp, which
I see starts August 6th.  Let me know if you set up a wiki or a gobby-infinote
/ gobby-0.5 document for collaboration.

   -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle