Re: Slowdown problem of a Debian package

Hello all,
Thank you for precious advices.
Since I forgot to attach Cc: <me>, I'm reading the mail archive.

> Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> The only way to override a maintainer's decision is through the
> Technical Committee <http://www.debian.org/devel/tech-ctte>.

However, I won't make a technical dispute about this issue.
Is the committee suitable for such case?

I'm not opposed to any modification in Debian GLOBAL.I think
that it should be done by Debian people under their freedom.
Rather, I'm welcoming it, including the two commands: 'htmake',
'htconfig' which are part of Debian GLOBAL. I rejected only to
take it to our version.

My wish is just to see new package based on a recent GLOBAL.

How about making a rule like follows?

	'A maintainer must orphan the package or explain the reason
	if new version is not released for two years or more in spite
	of users's demand.'

That is, 'Accountability, or orphaning'.

> Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> Any particular reason you didn't CC Ron on this thread? Usually when
> talking about someone we do that.

OK. I put CC to Ron, Taisuke and me on this mail.

Would you please see the mail archive for the thread so far? >Ron, Taisuke

Regards,
Shigio
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <shigio@gnu.org>
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3