Re: Doing something about "should remain private forever" emails

This one time, at band camp, Charles Plessy said:
> Le Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:49:55PM +0200, Raphael Geissert a écrit :
> >
> > At present, new DDs can access emails that were sent to -private years ago.
> > People who might (or might not) be a member of the project and sent an email
> > may not necessarily agree to that. Or a less controversial example: put
> > simply, if an unauthorised person gets a hand on master.d.o there is no hope
> > for those messages.
>
> Hi Raphael and everybody,
>
> couldn't we first have a split of the list into:

So, who's going to do this work?  While they're reading every single
message sent to the list over the last decade and a half, wouldn't it
make more sense to just honor the GR than to make up more work that
nobody is ever going to do?  This was precisely the problem with the GR
in the first place - it was a "somebody should really do that"
statement, and Debian has never worked that way.

Just sayin'

Cheers,