Re: 2nd draft (was: Re: Revising the Code of Conduct)

Le Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:52:42AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
> I disagree with that. First, in our social contract, we encourage
> openness, not privacy. In addition to that, sending a reply in private
> has several issues:
> - People don't see the replies, which tends to result in having the same
>   argument be repeated. Several times, if all of them reply in private.
>   This is an issue not only for technical arguments, but also for
>   "please behave" style of messages. In fact, in the latter case it can
>   be more problematic, since receiving a high number of such messages
>   may amount to a mobbing and have the opposite effect from what was
>   intended.

Hi Wouter,

it is all a question of trade-off.  On my side, if I stay as busy at work as in
the past months, I will soon drop off lists like debian-devel.  For the moment
I do my best because I expect the volume to decrease once the the post-release
enthousiasm flattens.  But the "+1", "do not CC me", "you do not behave", "stop
shouting", etc. messages are making it harder for me to keep up.  I wish they
were private.  By the way, thank you for answering to many people in a single
message.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy