Re: 2nd draft (was: Re: Revising the Code of Conduct)

On Wed, 2013-05-22 at 10:52 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
[...]
> > > 6. You should avoid sending attachments; this generates a lot of
> > >    unnecessary bandwidth on our listservers. Instead, put the file you
> > >    would like to attach online somewhere and post a link.
> >
> > It may be worth clarifying that this applies only to the mailing lists,
> > not the BTS.
>
> The document would be called the "mailinglist code of conduct", and
> would be posted on lists.debian.org; I think that should be clear
> enough. Do you disagree?

Of course the title will say that, but most of it *is* also applicable
to interaction with the BTS (and bug reports can be subscribed to like
mailing lists).  So I think it is worth being explicit about that.

[...]
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > I think it should incorporate the appropriate parts of the Debian
> > Community Guidelines.
>
> I've added a "further reading" section that contains a link to the dcg;
> however, I am reluctant to turn guidelines into rules, especially over
> that document's author's explicit objections
> (<[🔎] 20130521121958.GA8347@enricozini.org>)
[...]

You're quite right.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
friends: People who know you well, but like you anyway.