Re: Geant321 and geant4 in science package

Hi Christophe,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 03:18:41PM +0200, Christophe Hugon wrote:
> I'm very interested in debian since few years, in a good part
> because the science packages are not bad. But I think that it should
> even better with the geant4 package. I don't know why, geant3 is in
> packages since years.

Thanks for your interest into Debian and specifically science packages.
(I have set Reply-To to this list!) where question like these would
probably fit better.  Steffen has given some links to the Wiki and some
general hints which I'd subscribe as well.  I'd also recommend reading
the Debian Science policy document[1]

> Maybe I can start contributions for packaging by that (I'm
> physicist), but I don't know how to enter in contact with science
> maintainers, and how to start.

I hope these hints have given you some kickstart.  If you need further
help you are probably well advised to ask on Debian Science mailing
list.  You will find a lot of other physicists there and one of thems
(me ;-)) is constantly nagging about the idea to create a Debian Physics
Blend.  Perhaps actually you might increase the critical mass to a level
where this might attract enough people driving this effort.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] http://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html

--