Re: RFC - Changing current policy of debian.net entries

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 10:21:44PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas a écrit :
> >
> > I just want to get rid of the plain usage (3rd level) of the debian.net
> > zone. This zone only confuses most of our users.
>
> Hello Martin,
>
> Indeed, the meaning of the .org/.net dichotomy is not well advertised and it
> has already been discussed.
>
> One of the proposition was that .debian.net sites should contain an explanation
> or a pointer to an explanation.  I think that it is a good idea and I will
> apply it to upstream-metadata.debian.net.  Perhaps www.debian.net could contain
> this explanation in multiple languages, or redirect to a relevant page on
> www.debian.org, instead of redirecting to the home page of www.debian.org ?

That would be vastly preferable from enhanced red-tape on debian.net
assignments, IMHO.  I will second your solution.   We could also publish in
developers-reference and www.debian.net a best-practice usage guidelines
that *suggests* how to behave to minimize confusion and what notices to add
to any announcement postings to d-d-a, the blogsphere and social networks in
order to reduce the number of people that will think it is something other
than an experimental/beta/in-development DD-provided service.

  Henrique Holschuh