Re: RFC - Changing current policy of debian.net entries

Le Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 10:21:44PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas a écrit :

> I just want to get rid of the plain usage (3rd level) of the debian.net
> zone. This zone only confuses most of our users.

Hello Martin,

Indeed, the meaning of the .org/.net dichotomy is not well advertised and it
has already been discussed.

One of the proposition was that .debian.net sites should contain an explanation
or a pointer to an explanation.  I think that it is a good idea and I will
apply it to upstream-metadata.debian.net.  Perhaps www.debian.net could contain
this explanation in multiple languages, or redirect to a relevant page on
www.debian.org, instead of redirecting to the home page of www.debian.org ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy