Re: ditching the official use logo?

On Tue, 02 Oct 2012, David Prévot wrote:

> > I don't object against ditching the logo with the bottle.  I don't object
> > against keeping it around either.  Maybe if people want to keep it around for
> > nostalgic reasons it can be kept available on the website as the "former
> > official logo" with a nice story about its history or so.

> The www.d.o website use to keep online “archive” content, so I guess it
> would be fine, but I'm not thrilled by the idea to keep non-free content
> online inside our official website, maybe other people will have more
> comments. About the “nice story about its history”, proposals will be
> welcome ;).

Could even become a history of license/trademark violations committed
against it, e.g. mine: http://www.onerussian.com/tmp/debianlogo.svg
[explanations why VSOP could be found http://osdir.com/ml/debian-publicity-debian/2010-11/msg00043.html ]

Cheers
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences