Re: Please communicate with your fellow developers!

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (12/08/2012):
> while I'm pretty happy to see development happening on the dak side, it
> would have been immensely helpful to have notifications of the planned
> downtime.
>
> There are plenty of things depending on the migration of packages to
> testing, and having known about the planned downtime today (along with
> changes from yesterday not propagating to mirrors) would have avoided a
> wasted sunday, since I could have prioritized stuff over the weekend in
> a different manner.

Maybe that's just me, but even if dak ls cdebconf says the migration
indeed happened, mirrors disagree:
| $ dak ls cdebconf […]
|   cdebconf |      0.172 |       testing | source
|   cdebconf |      0.172 |      unstable | source

| $ apt-cache policy cdebconf
| cdebconf:
|   Installed: (none)
|   Candidate: 0.171
|   Version table:
|      0.171 0
|         500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main amd64 Packages

(I tried other mirrors, like ftp.de.debian.org, or ravel's.)

Side effect of the recent dak fun?

It migrated during the 2012-08-11 22:00Z run, so not seeing any updates
reaching the mirrors in 30+ hours *really* is annoying…

Mraw,
KiBi.