Re: trademark policy draft

Stefano Zacchiroli scrisse:

> > > \item You cannot use DEBIAN trademarks in a domain name, with or
> > > without commercial intent.
> > So debian.mirror.my.org is illegal?
>
> I've been correct by Mako on this before. Short answer: hostname !=
> domain name, so "debian.mirror.my.org" is perfectly fine.  (No, I
> don't have a clear definition for "domain name" to offer, but it is
> intended here as "the things that you register via a domain name
> registrar".)

IMHO it is already clear as it is, opposing a plain domain name to a
fully qualified domain name, but maybe you may prefer an explanatory
parenthesis as in:

"""
\item You cannot use DEBIAN trademarks in a domain name (ie. a
second-level domain or equivalent), with or without commercial intent.
"""

Yet, this definition may pose additional issue with deeply nested public
suffixes[0], so I'd suggest leaving it as in the original.

Ciao, Luca

[0] http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/netwerk/dns/effective_tld_names.dat?raw=1

--
  .''`.  |               ~<[ Luca BRUNO ~ (kaeso) ]>~
 : :'  : | Email: lucab (AT) debian.org ~ Debian Developer