Re: RFC - Changing current policy of debian.net entries

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:45:02PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> I think you are combining two different issues: debian.net namespace
> and how new projects are developed/introduced.

> If you and others agree that there are two different topics that should be
> discussed and their respective policy drafted, then I would be happy to join
> the discussion. I'm all open for it.

I agree with both Martin's original points and Raphael's clarifications
regarding (1) separating the concerns relating to the debian.net zone
versus introduction of new services, and (2) using the more welcoming
phrase 'incubating' rather than 'unofficial'.

To be fair to Martin, we discussed (very briefly) 'unofficial' vs
'incubating' and I suggested using unofficial.

Like Martin, I'm keen on simultaneously encouraging developer engagement
/ ingenuity while avoiding debian.net / debian.org confusion (or
embarrassment, as Raphael suggests, in some cases).

--
Luca Filipozzi