Re: Diversity statement for the Debian Project

Thank you for persisting with this job, Francesca.

Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@debian.org> writes:

> The Debian Project welcomes and encourages participation by everyone.
> It doesn't matter how you define yourself or how others define you: we
> welcome you. We welcome contributions from everyone within their areas
> of expertise, as long as they can be constructive members of our
> community. While much of the work of the Project is technical in
> nature, we will value and encourage contributions to the Project from
> those with expertise in non-technical areas and welcome such
> contributors as part of our community.

Very good. Minor suggestions:

s/as long as they can be constructive members/as long as they are constructive members/

s/we will value/we also value/

s/with expertise in non-technical areas/with expertise in any area/

Maybe break it into two paragraphs, before “While much …”.

It's much tighter and clearer now. I'm looking forward to the resulting
statement.

--
 \         “To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you |
  `\                            must also be well-mannered.” —Voltaire |