Re: How about using national flags instead of text in debian.org?

"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> writes:

> A long time ago we lost at least one good developer on precisely this
> issue: Herbert Xu resigned because of Chinese/Taiwanese flag issues, if
> I remember correctly.

It was originally about the iso-codes package and the controversy over
exactly how to deal with TW, but that was indeed the last straw.

In general, it's important to be *very* careful about stuff like this and
to try to follow a recognized international standard as closely as
possible.  Issues around nationality, language, and countries are
political landmines, and it's very easy to blunder into an argument that
one never intended and cause significant offense.