Re: dep5 appendix wording

On ke, 2011-03-09 at 10:16 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I think that it is a good idea to clarify the Policy. Would you like to open a
> bug or shall I ?
>
> I actually wonder if the DEP's appendix is really needed… I think that it
> appeared when I tried to un-brand the proposal. But this was eventually given
> up.
>
> There is another Policy change in the pipeline (seconded by there persons) for
> dropping the ‘should’ requirement to document the original packagers: see
> http://bugs.debian.org/593533
>
> After this change is applied, I propose to remove the appendix entirely. We can
> add a hyperlink to Policy §12.5 in the ‘File syntax’ section to compensate.

I agree that the paragraph could be removed.

I don't actually feel the need to explain in the DEP5 spec what the
Policy requires in debian/copyright. Policy already does that, and it's
required reading for anyone making packages for Debian, so even just
linking to it should be unnecessary.

I've removed the appendix in svn. If anyone feels a link should be
added, please suggest exact location and wording (a patch would be
welcome).

--
Blog/wiki/website hosting with ikiwiki (free for free software):
http://www.branchable.com/