Re: [DEP5] License field in the first paragraph ?

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> But there are two other main reasons why I want an overall package
> license:
[…]

Okay, I'm convinced there's a case for having an option of copyright and
license that applies to the package as a whole, as distinct from
applying to each individual source file.

I agree with Russ that where we acknowledge copyright applies, we need
to have explicit license; so if we allow “Copyright” field in the
header, the “License” field needs to be present also (and, I suppose,
vice versa).

--
 \       “… whoever claims any right that he is unwilling to accord to |
  `\             his fellow-men is dishonest and infamous.” —Robert G. |