Re: DEP5: ready for CANDIDATE?

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 09:53:55AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
I just realised that the SPDX site is not yet ready as their license links point to empty pages: http://spdx.org/licenses/

I attached three patches. The first removes the FreeBSD license, the second adds missing links to upstream pages, and the last points all the links to SPDX instead. I think that we should wait before applying the third and use the second in the meantime.

It seems to me that the third patch has been applied by now, although the referenced SPDX web pages for BSD licenses are empty.

Was that deliberate? I feel that it makes the current draft not appropriate for widespread use: as discussed in this subthread there is ambiguity on the exact wording of each BSD variant.

 - Jonas