Re: DEP5: CANDIDATE and ready for use in squeeze+1

Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> writes:

> On to, 2011-01-13 at 17:15 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Yeah, I think Source should be optional for native packages.
>
> Would anyone oppose making such a change?

I maintain the position I argued earlier in this same thread:

The provenance of the source of any Debian package should be recorded
explicitly, and the copyright file is the canonical location for that
information. For packages where “it was only ever a Debian native
package” is true, that fact is not obvious and should still be recorded
in the same place.

--
 \       “Crime is contagious… if the government becomes a lawbreaker, |
  `\          it breeds contempt for the law.” —Justice Louis Brandeis |