Re: What is annoying in the flattr buttons?

]] Raphael Hertzog

Hi,

| Are those sentences correctly representing your concerns? Are there
| other concerns to add?

My concern is actually more that I don't like people begging, and the
flattr buttons do look like begging to me.  I'd rather not be paid at
all than be paid tiny amounts for work I do, and those 25€/month you're
talking about is, for me, tiny amounts.  If people want to say thanks,
an email, a note on IRC or a beer when I meet people in real life are
much more effective ways doing so than just dropping pocket change at
me.

A lesser concern is that people will end up associating Debian (and
therefore Debian Developers) with begging, and I'd rather not be
associated with such activities.

I know many people don't consider asking for donations begging, but I
do.

Regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen