Re: No general political content on Planet

On 11/04/2010 07:06 PM, Ben Finney wrote:

Agreed. Others have expressed the position that reading occasional
non-Debian posts in the Planet Debian flow helps to relate to other
members as people with lives outside Debian; that seems something of
value that we should be careful not to sacrifice cheaply.

I think it is *the* singular benefit of Planet Debian. I actually find Planet somewhat annoying as a platform for discussion about Debian business; these discussions take place in comment threads on different blog posts all over the place, which isn't as helpful as on a mailing list. But I am not in favor of restrictions banning non-Debian-related (or, for that matter, Debian-related) material.

-- John