Re: DEP-5: Structure for multiple copyright statements (was: DEP-5: general file syntax)

On su, 2010-08-22 at 08:00 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Could we take advantage of the natural “©” marker to indicate each
> copyright statement?

That's an interesting idea, but would people in general find it easy or
difficult to write that character? (I'd have to copy-paste it, for
instance, since my keymap does not seem to have a binding for it.)

The word "Copyright" or the ASCII-art "(C)" might be substituted.

>     Copyright:
>         © 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2009 Beatrice
>         Bar <beatrice@example.org>
>         © 2008, 2010 Barry Baz <barry@example.com>

What do others think?

If I was writing a parser, I'd rather have the simplicity of long lines,
but then I'm lazy. If I was writing DEP-5 files, I am not sure what I
would prefer, but I know I would hate filling out the copyright fields
in any case, since it's boring, repetitive work.