Re: [DEP-5] [patch] Renaming the Format-Specification field to ‘Format’.

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 04:19:30PM +1200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On la, 2010-08-14 at 11:29 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Renaming the Format-Specification field:

> This seems like a completely noncontroversial suggestion. The only
> reason to avoid doing it is to avoid having to fix all the existing
> files, but since they need to be fixed for other things anyway, and this
> is easily scriptable, I think we can ignore that.

> Does anyone oppose this change? If not, I'll apply the patch on about
> Monday (NZ time), and if someone opposes it later, I can always revert
> it.

This has been proposed a couple of times before on the mailing list, and I'm
not aware of any objections that have been raised.  I also agree with this
change personally.  I think the consensus behind this change is pretty
strong.