Re: DEP5: reasons for not pushing Bazaar changes to Subversion

Le Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 09:55:59AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :

> Half-baked versions of the format, not really controlled by anyone, have been
> floating around for a long while.

Dear Stefano and everybody,

In a first development phase, the wiki was used, the contents were
peer-controlled, and points lacking consensus were recorded. After a while it
made the proposal unreadable and it was transferred to a DEP. Despite the
cleaning that was done, the revision 135 of the DEP in svn.debian.org, which
stayed for a long time unmodified for other reasons, is not better baked than
others.

In particular, it is a long time that we know that the syntax of the Files
field in this revision is not reflecting consensus, and accordingly the bzr
version was revised recently.

Using revision 135 of the DEP from svn.debian.org is a waste of time, for the
people who would like to write a copyright file, or for the peopole who would
like to write a parser. I strongly recommend against using it.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan