Re: DEP5: reasons for not pushing Bazaar changes to Subversion

Hi Charles,

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 02:11:04AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
Le Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 05:46:19PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :

In my opinion, DEP5 is a work in progress, and as such discouraged for general consumption. This is indicated my its status as "DRAFT".

I concur. To my knowledge, it was never announced that the version in the SVN has the purpose to be stable, and when in the past I reminded people that DEP-5 is only a draft, they never complained, and never requested some stability during the drafting period. Working directly on the SVN repostory would make things simpler (except for non-DDs).

This said, since the drafting period is soon to be completed, this debate probably comes too late. Despide my disagreement, I propose that we follow Lars's way.

If only for this specific process then I agree it is of little value.

What made me "waste" time on it anyway was Lars' invitation to perhaps learn something. I would be honoured if succeeding in enlightening Lars whom I admire in many other areas. And the rest of us could benefit from this discussion as it might inspire the processing style of future DEPs.

Regards,

 - Jonas