FOSSASIA: MiniDebConf Vietnam

Hi,

I would like to give some information about Mini DebConf in Ho Chi Minh
City, Vietnam [1,2].  The reason why I'm writing here is that I had to
cancel my participation but it would be a shame that we - Debian as a
project - would be fail in supporting the offspring of a new community
in Asia.

I planned to take part in this conference and our leader was positive
to support my travel provided that I would propose a reasonable abstract
for a talk and a plan how to cooperate with the Debian enthusiasts in
Vietnam.  So if you are interested to join the MiniDebconf chances are
good that you get support if you follow this advise.  My specific topic
would have been "Debian Pure Blends" and I was explicitely asked by the
organisers to talk about this - thus my abstract was accepted.  However,
I do not think that this is the only topic which is interesting.  The
agenda ideas[3] list other issues (like package building, how to join
Debian etc.)  where any interested Debian maintainer would probably be
able to help out.

To help you finding a reasonable decision I'm quoting two other
participiants of the MiniDebconf.  These mails let me think it is quite
important to go there and I wish I could at least help with this mail
to make the MiniDebConf a success.

Kind regards and have fun in Vietnam

     Andreas.

----- Forwarded message from Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> -----